Massage Therapy is considered a holistic approach to treating your overall physical and emotional wellbeing.
Regular massage is beneficial to assist in the recovery of an existing soft tissue injury or as a preventative treatment, allowing the muscles to rest, relax and recover from daily stresses. Massage can also help improve lower back pain, aid recovery and relieve muscle spasm through a deep tissue approach. Deep tissue massage requires a substantially firmer pressure to release the build up of tension in muscle, tendons and fascia. It focuses on improving the state of deeper soft tissue layers of the body, creating a systemic change that your body will appreciate, within only a few days of your appointment.
So, whether you’re feeling tight around the shoulders and neck from clocking up the hours at work, lower back pain from sitting at a desk all day, on the road to recovery from an injury or just playing too hard, massage is sure to provide some welcomedrelief.
Our massage therapist provides a range of treatments suitable for everyone from the general public through to elite athletes. Each client will complete an initial intake form prior to the consultation, so that we can gain a better understanding of your health and specific massage levels (i.e. how hard do you like your massage out of / 10). The technique/s will as such be discussed and agreed prior to each individualised massage consultation. This will help us to provide you with the best massage for your body!
What are the benefits of Massage Therapy?
· Stress relieving
· Promotes relaxation
· Improves recovery from a soft tissue injury
· Improves blood circulation
· Lowers blood pressure
· Breaks away scar tissue
· Improves the pain you feel after the gym (specifically known as Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness)
· Reduces depression and anxiety
· Increases joint range of motion
· How stress can impact you: Stress is widely known. It is generally considered sometimes normal to experience. However, the way your body reacts to stress and if your body ever relaxes from its state of stress will cause problems. Stress can cause elevated blood pressure, upset stomach, headaches and the inability to sleep.
· How can massage help: Research has indicated that massage therapy can reduce your heart rate and blood pressure. Further to this, it can relax your muscles, and increase your endorphins (your natural feel good chemical). So, if you are looking to add stress-relieving massage to your lifestyle, give us a call and chat to our friendly staff about how we can help.
· Why is relaxation needed: During unwanted situations, your body can produce an unhealthy build-up of hormones. Situations can include when you’re stuck in traffic or meeting a work deadline. This can lead to sleeplessness, headaches and even digestive problems.
· How can massage help: Massage has been shown to decrease cortisol in the body to allow the body to enter a relaxation phase.